As a fellow cyclist, I was struggling to find stock of the smart turbo trainer I wanted (the Wahoo KICKR Snap if you're interested!).
Some websites offered stock alert emails but I found these to be unreliable - I would click through immediately on receiving the email to find the product was actually out of stock.
Some websites didn't offer stock alerts at all which meant checking them manually multiple times each day in the hope of finding stock.
So I set up a system of basic stock alerts that monitored the main online retailers and bagged myself a KICKR Snap within days!
I thought that if it had worked for me, this would be a useful service for other cyclists out there and Bike Snipe was born!.
What Bike Snipe Does
- Bike Snipe monitors stock and prices at a number of online retailers for hard-to-find cycling gear.
- You can sign up for email stock alerts for the products you're interested in.
- Once we find a product in stock, we'll send you an email, including a direct link to buy the product.
- We also post stock alerts on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts but we recommend email alerts to be sure you see them (social can be unreliable in terms of seeing the latest posts immediately).
- We've started with smart turbo trainers and smart bikes from Wahoo and Tacx as these are hot products right now.
- If Bike Snipe proves popular, we're open to stock checking more rare cycling kit if there is demand.
How Bike Snipe Makes Money
- Bike Snipe makes a small affiliate commission from some of our partners if you make a purchase after clicking through one of our links.
- We want to give our users the best chance of getting the product they want, so we also monitor some websites from which we don't make any money if you buy from them.
- Bike Snipe makes enough to cover the hosting costs and maybe buy me a beer or two. I have a full time job that pays the bills!
- Privacy is super-important to us!
- We won't SPAM you.
- We will only send you messages about the products you've signed up to receive stock alerts on.
- If you sign up for our newsletter, we will send you occasional emails with cycling related deals.
- You can manage your email subscriptions and/or unsubscribe at any time by clicking the links at the bottom of all our emails.
- We're fully GDPR compliant.